About Mac Rak
Pallet Rack Repair Company
We are North America's largest, 100% American owned and American made, pallet rack repair company, and largest provider of engineered pallet rack repair kits and racking column protection products and services. We serve the Material Handling Industry. Mac Rak makes all products in house, in Missouri, in America, we NEVER outsource anything. Whether your working with one of our expert distributor partners or speaking with one of our company experts, we are here to serve you, taking care of every detail. We provide expert advice, perform inspections, manufacturer all parts, install parts, and service them, so that you can focus on running your warehouse. Mac Rak products and services have been and continue to be driven by engineering oversite from Seizmic Inc, the nation's most respected material handling engineering company in America.
As an Associate member of The Rack Manufacturers Institute, all repair kits meet or exceed ANSI/RMI 16.1 specifications.
Trained experts will survey your damage and suggest the appropriate repairs where needed. We do all of our work to RMI's highest engineering standards.
Rack Repair + Protection
Our Mac Rak pallet rack repair product line is your solution to engineered frame repair and reinforcement, with all products proudly made in the U.S.A. Mac Rak offers multiple repairs and reinforcement options, the choice is up to you based on your specific needs or recommendations.
Installations may be performed without complete unloading of the rack when our rack lifting jack is used. This greatly reduces the cost to the customer because personnel and equipment costs are minimized and the number of repairs per day is maximized. On average, the number of repairs that can be performed daily, compared to the total frame replacement, can exceed five to one or more!
Typical Pallet Rack Repair Process
- Repair process is 4-5 times faster and less disruptive than frame replacement
- Repair requires 75% less product movement than frame replacement
- About half the cost of frame replacement
- Less internal resources expended
- Minimal disruption to operations
- Provides superior impact resistance
- Industry approved and compliant solution
- Turnkey: From surveying your site, to component design, to manufacturing and installation, we provide a complete solution.
- Bolt-on connectors & grade five hardware - no hot work permit or fire watch required
- Protects life, limb, and property
- Engineer supervised products and processes
- Certified professional installation crews
- All products manufactured in the USA by Mac Rak
Mac Rak is the largest engineered pallet rack repair and protection company in North America. We have the largest repair and protection product line in the industry including a full array of customized products to meet every specific need.
- Custom Engineered Pallet Rack Repair Kits
- Pallet Rack Column Protection
- Protective Guarding For Warehouse Equipment
Why Choose Mac Rak Inc.
Mac Rak has the nation's most complete line of the finest custom-engineered, guaranteed, bolted rack repair and protection products available to solve all of your rack safety needs.
How can we guarantee them?
Mac Rak makes the BEST products!
Our repair kits are made of new materials of the heaviest gauge available. UNLIKE THE OTHERS, WE DON'T USE OLD RECYCLED POST MATERIALS. Please navigate through our website for further information.
Mac Rak History
- Spring 1999 Shawn MacDonald started to work on design and began the patent process on what became the innovative industry standard, Elite single leg repair kits available in vertical, cantilever and slant leg.
- July 6th, 2001 Shawn MacDonald ended a 19-year history employed by R.J. Mac Donald & Associates, a contract nationwide rack and material handling installer owned by Shawn’s brother Richard James MacDonald.
- July 9th, 2001 Shawn & Pam MacDonald opened Mac Rak Incorporated on July 9st 2001 and worked from their home office.
- July, 2001 Began contracting our product manufacturing to WC Cardinal Company in Cadiz, Ohio.
- Fall 2003 Moved from our home base to a leased 2500 sq. ft. combo office and warehouse in Channahon, Illinois.
- Spring 2004 Started working with a new fabricator when they moved their company into our Channahon, Illinois facility.
- 2001-2004 Continued developing our engineered pallet rack repair and protective guarding product line while continuing our contract installation operation.
- Fall 2004 Stopped our contract installation services because the Engineered repair and guarding products were beginning to support the company.
- Fall 2007 Moved to a leased 4000 sq. ft. Crest Hill, Illinois and started manufacturing our own repair kits.
- Fall 2009 Expanded into a second 4000 sq. ft. space in the next unit and began operating out of an 8000 sq. ft. facility.
- Fall 2010 Expanded into the third and final unit and took over the entire 11,000 sq. ft. building.
- Fall 2012 Moved to Joliet, Illinois and purchased a 22,000 sq ft. facility.
- August 2018 Moved the manufacturing facility to Moberly, Missouri and purchased a 70,000 sq. ft. facility on 12 acres. Added a new 650-foot-long powder coat paint line and began operations.
- July 2019 Purchased a 4000 sq. ft. office building in Lockport, Illinois and moved the administrative offices.
- November 2019 Sold our 22,000 sq. ft. Joliet facility.
- Spring 2020 Began exploring adding an addition onto the Moberly facility to bring total sq. ft. to 90,000.
- Fall 2020 Mac Rak Incorporated, after petitioning for three years, was approved for Associate membership into the prestigious Rack Manufacturers Institute Rack Repair subcommittee as a founding member.
- 1999 to current Continued to set new standards and expand our product line with our innovative, often copied by others, designs. All the while, staying true to 100% made in America.
Pallet Rack Repair Experts
Our Mac Rak repair experts would love to hear more about your project. Schedule your damage assessment or request a quote.